Terms & Privacy
We take the responsibility of safeguarding your personal information very seriously. We use your personal information only for providing and improving our services. We treat your personal information as we would and do treat our own.
By using the Service in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content, information, or other materials or services to the Site, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Summary of Service
Maraquia is a platform where certain type of users identified as "Foresters" can register under the "Site" term completely for free information regarding: locations and estimated time for tree planting, reasonable prices for tree planting and post planting care services; to fundraise necessary money from individuals as well as corporate Backers. Immediately after registering a Site, its information becomes publicly available to registered as well as unregistered users, and constitutes an act of Voluntary Disclosure.
Through the Website, email, websites, and other media, the Service makes accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”). Foresters, Backers, and other visitors to and users of the Service (collectively, “Users”) may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, facilitate the distribution of, collect, post, or otherwise make accessible ("Submit") Content. “User Submissions” means any Content Submitted by Users.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
Maraquia Forest Project Creators (Foresters) never receive users' credit card information.
Maraquia is a platform where certain type of users identified as "Foresters" can register under the "Site" term completely for free: locations for tree planting, reasonable prices for tree planting and post planting care services; to fundraise necessary money from individuals as well as corporate Backers. By registering a Site on Maraquia, you as are offering the public the opportunity to enter into a contract with you. By backing a Site on Maraquia, you as the Backer accept that offer and the contract between Backer and Forester is formed. Maraquia is not a party to that agreement between the Backer and Forester. All dealings are solely between Users.
By backing or registering a Site on Maraquia, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
- Backers agree to provide their payment information at the time they pledge to Site. The amount Backers pledge is the amount they will be charged.
- Backers consent to Maraquia and its payments partners authorizing or reserving a charge on their payment card or other payment method.
- The Estimated Date of Planting is not a promise to fulfill by that date, but is merely an estimate of when the Forester hopes to fulfill by.
- Foresters agree to make a good faith attempt to fulfill each planting by its Estimated Date of Planting.
- Maraquia does not offer refunds. A Forester is not required to grant a Backer’s request for a refund unless the Forester is unable or unwilling to fulfill the planting.
- Maraquia and its payments partners will remove their fees before transmitting proceeds. Fees may vary depending on region and other factors.
- Maraquia reserves the right to cancel a pledge at any time and for any reason.
- Maraquia reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a Site at any time and for any reason. Maraquia is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Maraquia’s policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
- Maraquia is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to rewards or any other use of the Service. Maraquia is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Users, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with Sites on the website. Maraquia does not oversee the performance or punctuality of the Sites. The Company does not endorse any User Submissions. You release Maraquia, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, damages, and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Service.
Fees and Payments
Joining Maraquia is free. However, we do charge fees for certain services. When you use a service that has a fee you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. You are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your use of the Service.
Funds pledged by Backers are collected by Stripe Payments operated by Stripe, Inc. Maraquia is not responsible for the performance of Stripe Payments.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Service, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Service;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the Service or its content;
- information that you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions; and
- IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- present projects to you when you use the Service which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Service;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Service;
- analyze the use of the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
Maraquia Forest Project creators (Foresters) never receive backers' credit card information.
We provide the registered personal or legal entity name to backers using the site. In the future we may provide these names to backers or other users on the project page or other areas.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out when we can.
We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. We will keep these emails to a minimum.
You will also receive certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out. We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
We never post anything to your accounts with Facebook, Twitter, or any other third-party sites without your permission. Except for the purposes of providing the Services, we will not give your name or personal information to third parties.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different browsers. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our Service, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Service.
Maraquia reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com
Updated: October 2013